Sunny, the sun conure, came here in May, with Shadow. They had always lived together with the same owner, and she and Shadow had hatched some chicks together. When we picked her up, she was very unhealthy as she had laid several eggs and was not able to walk or hold on and balance, even to a finger. After observing the two conures together, we discovered Shadow was taking all her food as she picked it up, so they have been separated – even now they have no wish to stay together. She has progressively gotten stronger and healthier, and now she likes to sit or ride on a shoulder. She often sits next to the computer to be close by, though she seems to be self-absorbed. She still tires fairly easily and is a bit underweight. She loves to eat, though, so we have no doubt she’ll continue to thrive.
What it means to sponsor a parrot:
• Parrot sponsorships are available in a range of values, from $10 -100, and are set up as a monthly donation.
• A parrot's sponsor may choose (or choose not) to have their name/logo and link to website on their parrot's page. (If you wish to have your photo or your company's logo displayed, please email us your logo and name to display after signing up on PayPal.
• Sponsorship donations are reserved specifically for the sponsored parrot and will cover any expenses that the parrot may incur.
• Sponsorships ensure the parrot lives a comfortable, enriching life- from food to vetrinary fees and future aviary construction.
• Sponsorships are managed through PayPal, a globallly used, secure and safe transaction site.
• Any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a 'one-time' donation for a specific parrot click here.
< Back to the Landing Zone Flock