RELINQUISH YOUR PARROT
Information about Keeping your Parrot.
The Landing Zone Parrot Sanctuary's oath:
- We will NEVER sell our parrots.
- We will NEVER re-adopt our parrots.
- We will LOVE AND CARE for your parrot as if it were our child.
- We will PROVIDE A HOME for your parrot for its entire life.
- We will PROVIDE FUN AND ENRICHING ACTIVITIES to all parrots on a daily basis.
- We will PROVIDE HEALTHY AND ORGANIC FOODS, customized to meet each parrots needs.
- We will PROVIDE MEDICINES AND SUPPLAMENTS as needed.
- We will PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL VET CARE as needed (and on a routine bases as funds allow.)
To schedule a drop off or pick up. Please Call 1-760-333-9753.
If you have decided the best option for your parrot is to place him/her in The Landing Zone's Care, relinquishment is an easy process and will put your parrot in good hands for life.
Please follow the instructions below to make this an easy transition for both you and your parrot.
1. Print and fill out the following forms to the best of your knowledge:
- Parrot Relinquishment Form (PDF)
- Parrot History Form (PDF)
Health Form (PDF)
2. Collect Parrot's Belongings:
Food, Medicines, Vitamins, Cage, Favored toys, treats and effects are requested as they will help ensure a smooth transition into sanctuary life.
3. If applicable, contact your Avian Vet and obtain a copy of your parrot's records. (May be completed after relinquishment.)
4. Contact TLZPS to notify us and set up a date for relinquishing your parrot.
Call: (760) 333-9753
Mail: 31800 Via Las Palmas, Thousand Palms, CA 92276
And that's it! The futures of the Landing Zone's inhabitants are bright. Our plans offer a unique experience for your parrot- a slightly more "natural" life with the freedom and ability to fly freely outside of a closed cage.
Focusing on today: Parrots are currently being held in an in-door temporary holding facility until a permanent sanctuary can be established. Air is filtered through a high power, industrial air filter and Medical care is preformed as necessary by professionals. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask- we are always here to help.
Please pack and/or take note of the food your parrot is currently eating (pellets, seeds, etc.), include personal effects, and cage (including accessories) when delivering your parrot or preparing for pick up. Familiar items will help your parrot to hold identity and cope with new Sanctuary life.
We will post the announcement of your parrots arrival and a picture of you and your parrot on our facebook, if you wish to opt out of this, please let us know when scheduling your relinquishment.